- This event has passed.
Cemetery Tour Series: Families of Lanesville
June 10 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
1PM Free Cemetery Tour, “Families of Lanesville”
Langsford Street Cemetery
32-34 Langsford Street, Gloucester, MA 01930
Rain Date: 11 June
Go to Eventbrite and register for this Langsford Street Cemetery tour.
Park on Langsford Street or take the Saturday CATA bus to Lanesville (https:/
/ canntran. com/ routes/ lanesville/ ).
Melissa & Russell Hobbs will share with you the local history of those families that lived in Lanesville in the 1800s. The cemetery is not handicapped accessible, and the terrain is uneven.
- Families: Duley, Haraden, Langsford, Munsey, and Sargent
- Reading of Veterans Names on Civil War Monument by Veterans
- Les Bartlett will give a brief talk on “The History of the Granite Civil War Monument”
- Veterans of the War of 1812
“Battle of Gloucester” – 1814 Folly Cove
- Demonstration on How to Clean a Gravestone